Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day

It's Opening Day, and the closest I got to Detroit was my picture with the light bulbs.

Today is a personal Holiday. I take it off every year to watch the Detroit Tigers start the season. This year, Kevin took the day off too and we made plans to head downtown and camp out on a bar stool in front of a large TV. Much fun!

Unfortunately, Kevin was sick and he watched most of opening day with his eyes closed and slippers on as he lay in bed.

Dana came by to watch the first couple of innings, but I spent most of opening day watching our TV and ironing. Ella kept me company though, she was more interested in digging in the freshly clean sheets than whether Cabrera was worth the money.

The game lasted forever with suspenseful overtime that lead to heartache, sigh. Baseball season is here and even though today did not go as I planned I am so happy to have the only *sport I truly enjoy talking about back on the tube!

* I also enjoy talking about curling and how I would like to be on the USA Olympic team. "Whoa whoa whooaaaa!" See, I have the yelling part down and I am pretty good with a broom too.

No comments: