Monday, March 31, 2008

Possibly the best quick meal

Recently my favorite quick meal has become pierogies and peas. It's low on calories and fat, and high in protein and fiber. I love this meal and eat it when I know I am eating a big meal later or have already had a large meal for the day. Bonus: it is quick and easy, has only three ingredients, and tastes like comfort food.

You will need:
Mini Pierogies
Frozen Peas
Pam spray (fat free)

Spray a pan and place on medium heat
Add pierogies a flip them immediately (so they get a bit of Pam on both sides)
Add Peas and let cook uncovered for 3 minutes
Flip and stir contents
Cook until pierogies are lightly browned and hot

Below is the info from the brands I use. Pierogies and Peas are two things Kevin will not eat, so I only make this for one.

Mrs. T's Potato and Cheddar mini Pierogies
Serving: 7 mini pierogies
130 calories
1.5 grams of fat
1 g fiber
4 g protein

Frozen peas
Serving: 2/3 cup
70 calories
0 fat
4 g fiber
5 g protein

Pam Spray:
Serving: 1/3 second burst
0 calories

Meal: 200 calories; 1.5 g fat; 5 g fiber; 9 g protein

Photo from Mrs. T''s

No comments: