Sunday, March 9, 2008

Did you know that shorts are 10% off?

I thought they were 75% off, making them, you know, different from pants.

But the real story, shorts are 10% off.

We went shopping on Saturday night and were browsing around a store known for their love of America and patriotic birds. Kevin was seeking a nice pair of jeans, and I, uninterested in jeans, went looking around the women's clothes. I say women, but I think I mean 14 year old girls. Their clothes are cute, but mostly young for me. I digress.

At this point I am in the back of the store and have been there at least 7 minutes. A manager most have noticed I hadn't been greeted yet and sent the 15/16-year-old T-shirt folder to handle the task. Simple right?

He starts his shpeal about "Welcome to Amer...um..can I help you...um"



His mind focused on the bra and panties in my hands, he umed and ahhed a few more word-type-things, turned an adorable shade of red, and walked away. After two steps, he spun back around, eyes to the floor, and said, "Shorts are 10% off today." Awesome.



Photo from www.ae.com

2 comments:

Dana Weeks said...

That is TOTALLY awesome!!! I love it when teenage boys turn that lovely shade of red and can't look you in the eye.

Anonymous said...

teenage boys?? I STILL do that to her.

-The Husband