Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weight loss Wednesdays and my head is pounding

I have taken the next step in losing some pounds. I have given up caffeine. Sucks. Head. Pounding. Lights. Threatening. My. Very. Being.

And don't even try to ask me something. I will have nothing but snarky responses, that is, if I remember to respond at all.

But I am doing this for my own good! Right? I have read some studies showing diet pop, the elixir of life, can lead to the following horrible things.

Cardiovascular Disease
Diabetes
Abdominal Obesity
High Cholesterol
Elevated Blood Pressure

The first two run in my family so I guess it is for my own good. Do you want to know whose own good this is not in favor of? Kevin's. I spend the whole day faking being nice and personable and not biting heads just to come home and yell and be unpredictable and wonder why he is not a mind reader. The nerve. Start reading my mind.

I hope this helps with the weight loss because my dinner would've been perfect if only I had a cold, refreshing, tingle on your tongue diet pepsi!

If you'd like to join me on this crusade against caffeine, great, though I understand if you'd rather not feel like a crack addict going through horrible withdrawals. Try replacing one of your regularly caffeinated beverages a day with water or tea. I miss coffee.

On the whole I think my progress is going well. I have been working out regularly, and if you have Comcast on-demand, meaning you pay too much for cable like me, I highly recommend doing the "Biggest Loser" workout with Jillian. She is mean. Even through TV, mean. But it is a really great workout, I feel fantastic when it's over.

Quickly, last week I set a goal of 3 hours of cardio. Did it. Where is my gold star? I have the same goal for this week, and then we can reasses and bump it up! Good Luck, and if you are looking for inspiration, my very dear friend, Jennifer, has lost 30 pounds and is feeling incredible.

3 comments:

Dana Weeks said...

I've been spending the past 30 mintues trying to figure out how to give you a gold star...and well..I can't. Sooooooo...

*

It may not be gold, and it may not be big, but it's a star.

Amy W. said...

I gave up coffee for Lent, and you are right - tea does not cut it when what you really want is coffee. And a nice cold pop tastes really great sometimes. But in the long run it will be worth it and after awhile I bet you won't even miss the pop...the coffee, on the other hand...

RoseAnn Nicolai said...

I am sitting here, drinking tea, missing coffee...but I agree, in the long run it will be worth it. But as for the short run, it sucks.