Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Weight loss Wednesdays: Maybe I lost my sweet tooth?

I have not heard much about the sweet tooth, other than of course, having one. But what if you wish to extract this tooth or stop its incessant cravings, or, kick start them back up? Well, after much will power and giving up caffeine I think I may have found a way to say "No cake, you look pretty, but I am not that interested." It's like falling in love, you know there are other foods out there but you are happy with what you have, and wouldn't want to mess up a good thing. But this isn't love and I want to cheat on healthy food in the worst way, I just can't seem to crave it.

I go to the cupboard and I don't even want a cookie, I am at the store and I breeze right past candy. This alone makes life so crazy I hardly know what to make of it all. This week has not been a fantastic workout week. Three workouts and two were yesterday and today.

Excuse number 1: I was too busy, and I was. There was something going almost every day.

Excuse number 2: Walking around Perrysburg is working out. I did say no to the Schakolad but but by the time we got to the bakery I needed to eat something. *I saved half my brownie for Kevin.

Excuse number 3: Kevin was really sick and he needed me. I can't always be the priority.

But no excuses! I am sorry and I am back on the work-out-wagon. My walking buddy and I officially need to up the ante. We finished our walk today and realized that 2 miles was no longer enough to wear us out. We'll be mapping a new route in the morning.

I finished my dinner an hour ago and here I sit waiting for the craving. I did indulge in a some Bear Naked Granola, but that hardly counts as a thin mint. Maybe I'm crazy, but for as happy as I should be that I'm craving the right foods, I am terrified that I may never crave the decadent desserts that I know I love.

No comments: