Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weight loss Wednesdays part Deux

This week has been a slow start. I have had some pretty good support, and for those that wanted to be sponsored I have been emailing out tips and things to help us all stay on track. One step at a time, which is all I can take.

Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed
downstairs a step at a time. ~Mark Twain

On working out:
I went to the gym twice since last Wednesday, and did actual working out. Impressed? I am.
I went to dance. That is two hours of work. (To add to my wish list: Walking in Memphis Marc Cohn
Walked the dog; I think she had cabin fever.
Lunges and crunches while watching TV one night.

On eating right:
This was basically a failure with a few high points.
Sunday I was hungry and I remembered I bought broccoli and ate it!
I drank lots and lots of water.
And then... I split a piece of flourless cake from Sweet Lorraine’s with Kevin. I can't do it cold.

My advice of the week is, find a friend to work-out with. Even if it's only once a week, mark it down and hold each other accountable. It's a great way to spend time with your friends while doing something really good for you. I miss my mornings with Kristen, when she lived out here I had a reason to get my butt out of bed before 5 in the morning. Accountability. Who knew it could be so motivating?

My goal for next week is a two-for-one: Spend $3 less a day during the week. This should have the effect of taking away a pop, coffee, shake (the bad kind) and other add-ons I tend to get at restaurants. Plus, that is $15 back in my pocket for weekend fun with Kevin and our friends.

Good Luck Wednesdays! If you would like to receive a motivating* email and tips* during the week, post a comment or send me an email. LGibalaWarren AT Gmail.

* For those that don't know, I am not a professional, and recommend that you assess what I say and use your best judgment on what's best for you. As the standard statement goes: Consult your doctor before attempting any diet or exercise program.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Hey you. i've been doing alright with my exercise but failing on my healthy eating. For some reason this past 2 weeks i can smell sugar a mile away. but you know what it's ok, i will get back on track. fast too adam wants me in a bathing suit this summer!? i think you are doing great!! little steps, thats all we can do.

Amy W. said...

I don't do too well with the healthy eating, either...you've probably realized that I like restaurants and take-out a little too much for my own good!

RoseAnn Nicolai said...

Rachael- I can always smell sugar, and wine! It is a blessing and a curse.

Amy - I shoud not read your blog when hungry, it always ends up taking me down.