Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weight loss Wednesdays: Go Go Goji Power

The last few weeks I have been increasing my goji consumption. Goji berries are famed for their many health boosting qualities such as enhancing immune system function, improving eyesight, protecting the liver, boosting sperm production and improving circulation, among other effects.

They are sometimes called the fountain of youth, a weight loss tool, and people have claimed they help focus their autistic children (and I hope it does) and mellow out ADD kids.

I doubt this miracle berry does all of these things, at least not alone or significantly.
The debate rages on and for now I will keep eating them. They taste good and there are enough benefits in eating fruit to justify it, plus what if they are a miracle fruit?

6 comments:

Dana Weeks said...

What do they taste like?

RoseAnn Nicolai said...

The ever important question. They taste like a cherry-raisin. Now you know.

Dana Weeks said...

More raisin or more cherry?

RoseAnn Nicolai said...

More goji? Texture is more raisin taste is not as tart as a cherry but close...

Amy W. said...

I have never heard of these? Where do you buy them? I know you are in MI and I am in CT but give me a clue...like can you get them at a place like whole foods or do you buy them at a produce market or what? I need to try these.

Anonymous said...

the juice tastes much better, goji has strong properties of antioxidants.. I dono about the ADD, it gives alot of energy.. which might make it worse!!!.. but it does make you happy. if you drink 2much of goji you'll not stop smiling..

I believe they work.. i feel the difference, they balance the body ph levels.. ive seen blood tests results, and from a cancer patient . and truly works wonders.

Quote from a Video
Dr. Victor A. Marcial-Vega informs us that "There are so many illnesses on the planet right now. But there's one thing in common with all of them. The common denominator is acidity". Dr. Victor A. Marcial goes on to say that "90% of my patients have reversed their acidity to alkalinity just by ingesting Goji juice".

The dvd is called (click link 2 view)
Acid is for Batteries! (Not for Healthy People)

they are grown in himalaya.. so if you live in china they are easily found.. if not, try the local health shop.. or a great juice product, that i drink my self.. is called GoChi and is available at
http://www.gojiberry.freelife.com