Monday, May 19, 2008

Weight loss inspiration for brides and, well anyone else

The latest motivational story comes from a bride slimming down for her own self esteem and of course, her big day! She realized she'd let herself go, and her mother gently told her she may be unhealthy. It was later confirmed when her future in-laws made a few, ahem, fat jokes at her expense leaving her in tears.



It's sometimes hard to hear, see, and accept that you have become the dreaded obese, which is not as hard to do as you may think. Obesity starts at a BMI of 30 and morbidly obese at 40. You can find out your BMI here.


The key to her success? She made the choice. She lost 130 pounds! That is what it really takes, you can dabble in all kinds of diets and exercise programs but until you truly commit, nothing is coming off.



So here is my commitment. I will lose 20 pounds by August. It will put me in a healthier weight range and increase my self-confidence. It will be easier to carry a child if I am lucky enough to get one, and I will be happier.



Read the profile and details of the bride here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done to you on your hard work
you look fantastic